Why we're consulting
Wodonga Council has developed a Good Governance Framework as a resource to build a practical understanding and promote the value of good governance practices.
The Draft Governance Rules and Draft Election Period Policy form part of a suite of governance documents that support the council in being compliant with legislation and facilitates sound decision-making.
We are now seeking feedback on the Draft Governance Rules and Draft Election Period Policy.
At the council meeting of July 17, 2023, the council resolved that:
The Good Governance Framework be deferred to a workshop and be considered in association with a review of other relevant governance policies and the Councillor Code of Conduct.
At the councillor briefing of August 21 2023, the IBAC Sandon report was presented and discussed with councillors.
At the councillor briefing of October 2, 2023 councillors workshopped the:
- Draft Good Governance Framework;
- Councillor Code of Conduct;
- Governance Rules, including the Election Period Policy;
- Councillor Professional Development Policy; and,
- Councillor and Staff Interactions Policy.
As a result of these discussions, there were proposed amendments made to the documents.
At the council meeting of October 16, 2023, the council resolved to:
- Adopt the Good Governance Framework;
- Adopt the Councillor Professional Development Policy;
- Note the Councillor and Staff Interactions Policy; and,
- Endorse the Governance Rules and Election Period Policy for public exhibition.
Ways to have your say
This consultation is open from Wednesday, October 18 to Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
Anyone who lives, works, studies or invests in Wodonga or visits the municipality and uses the facilities, is invited to review the information provided, ask questions and provide feedback during this time.
Ways to provide feedback
- Complete the online submission form below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (02) 6022 9300